- Today was LEG DAY. Y’all know its my favorite, but these gams were a bit tired after two days of stair climbing.
- My boss talked to me today (first time since I started back on Monday) and it was a good conversation. Calling it a win.
- I’m about to go watch Dazed & Confused on a rooftop with friends. Outdoor movies are one of my Top Ten Favorite Things In The Universe so I’m pretty pumped.
- It’s still pretty hot out so I’m hoping I don’t sweat my way through the movie. I made an effort to shower after the gym (so as not to offend the other patrons) and it would be sad to see such a good shower go to waste.
Program called for 60 minutes of cardio today. This was intimidating for me, which is rather comical because seven months ago I was able to run for nearly 4.5 hours (last year’s marathon training).
I’ve felt very weird today. Sore from yesterday, but also just a bit achy and I struggled catching my breath all day long. I wonder if the air quality has something to do with it. Either way, its not something I experience very often and it sucked.
So when I got to the gym I told myself, “Just get through 60 minutes no matter what. Take a water break if you need to, listen to your body, but just move your body for 60 minutes.”
I decided to do 45 minutes on the treadmill (4.5 sluggish miles) followed by 15 minutes on the stair climber. I’ve come to really
love like the stair climber and I’m not really sure why. Perhaps its all the sweat.
Yesterday my shirt was dripping save for the area around my sports bra. Today, my dry wick shirt faired even worse!
But I did it. 60 minutes of cardio done. Every bit of me hurts. 80% of this gym session was a struggle, but I feel mentally stronger for having done it.
Also, hunger has been FIERCE post gym. Must remember to start packing protein stuffs.
- Gym was abnormally hot today.
- I hate working my shoulders. They’re so weak its laughable.
- 30 minutes - 3.2 miles on the treadmill.
- Extra credit - 15 minutes on the stair climber because I needed to get my sweat on.
- Mission accomplished. My shirt was soaked through with sweat just about everywhere except for the perfect outline of my sports bra.
I needed this today. Because of work. Because I’ve felt fluffy. Because I just did.