Very busy day at work. As a result, I really didn’t want to go for a run (like really, really, really didn’t want to go). Regardless, I begrudgingly set off for the gym.
I’m glad I did.
A couple of weeks ago, I felt really unprepared for the Rock ‘N Roll half, but I seem to have found my stride with training. Well, at least today that’s how it feels.
Those 5 miles went by quickly. They were 5 sing-out-loud-happy miles. The kind of miles I haven’t had in a long while. Precisely what I needed today.
Bonus: trainer from yesterday came up to me to see how I was feeling. I told him that I was a little sore, but not nearly as sore as I hoped to be. I was giving him a hard time, as I like to do with people, and he said, “Oh, oh I see how it is. We’ll have to try again then.” I just might have scored another free training session!
Finally get into bed then immediately get a text from my principal.
School is cancelled tomorrow. What the what?
Maybe it’s gotten worse since I was last out.
Either way, this will be the first time in probably two weeks I’m not setting an alarm for the morning. Pretty pumped about it.
This marks our third snow day this year. Pretty unprecedented for these parts.
I read to 22 classes today! It was so much fun, but so exhausting. Its not even 9 p.m. and I’m fighting to keep my eyes open.
Some highlights from today:
- Teaching 4-8 year olds what a “narrator” is and then having them use it in a sentence correctly.
- After reading my book (Hooper Humperdink…Not Him!), one student said, “What if the narrator doesn’t invite him to her birthday party because she likes him?” I laughed and then had to resist giving a second grader future dating advice. DON’T PLAY GAMES.
- One teacher was reading a book with words that rhymed with “wink.” This devolved into kindergarteners turning around and winking at me for no good reason. Most adorable thing ever.
I can’t even tell you how much I wanted an iced coffee and a piece of chocolate today. I passed that craving (sort of), but now I just want a beer.
Moral of the story: this cleanse thing is a lot easier during the week…this weekend is going to be tough. Ugh.
Our team, Fuck Mountain, took second place tonight. Still enough to score some dinero at the bar so I’m not mad about it.
The team that won? They’re nearly always on top so I especially don’t feel bad about losing to them. They also changed their team name to “Chastity Valley” which I thought was a clever retort to our Arrested Development inspired name.
- I did model lessons in two different classrooms so more than met my kiddo quota. Teaching kind of gives me a rush these days.
- I got a voicemail from a friend (HI CARLA!) where I was referred to as a “bad ass.” That, my friends, is the best kind of voicemail to get.
- 5 minutes into this week’s episode of New Girl and I had already scoured the internet to find Jess’s yellow daisy dress. I was so excited it was on sale…but then saw that it was no longer available. Tease.
- Quick upper body work today and three treadmill miles. I’m feeling stronger today - that might just all be in my head, but I’ll still take it!
Now I should probably go get ready for trivia. Cross your fingers we do as well as last week!