- Tonight was Meet the Teacher and I had to fill in for a pre-k teacher who has yet to be hired. I had a lot of fun interacting with the families.
- Seeing former students. I don’t care if they’re third graders. They still get the biggest of spinny hugs. And they fucking loved it.
- One of these kiddos kept coming back and chatting with me and finally whispered, “Ms. Keser, you haven’t met my dad have you? He’s right there…I want you to meet him, but he only speaks Spanish.” I asked if he would introduce me, but he just shook his head and ran back to his mom. He came back to me a couple more times just to say, “That’s my dad! I want you to meet him!” His mom intervened and translated for us. It meant so much to me that it was so important for us to meet even though its been over a year and a half since he was in my classroom. <3
- My Elsa costume came in for my niece’s birthday. Amazon was quite speedy! Elsa apparently doesn’t lift. The sleeves don’t like my biceps. Not sure if I should size up or just go with it.
Now, there’s glitter all over my apartment. I’ve tried sweeping twice, but holy hell…that costume…it just covered everything. Marley the Cat and I will likely be extra sparkly for the forseeable future.
I weighed in this morning. I’m down 0.5lb from last weight in, which really just means I lost the 0.5lb gain from last week. Not too worried about it really. I’ve eaten out a lot more, but I’m doing better about moderation. I feel in control. Plus, training is going well so there’s that.
Still down 3.5lbs from my original weigh in for 5n5, but not exactly on track to hit 5%. There could be worse things.
Feeling like Superwoman because its not even 8 p.m. and I’ve lifted, eaten dinner, baked a cake, done two rounds of dishes, one load of laundry, watched two episodes of Supernatural, showered, purchased an Elsa costume for my niece’s birthday party, and practiced the ukelele.
Tuesday, you might be my favorite.
The always lovely Carrie tagged me to share 5 random facts a few days ago. I’m a little late in replying, but here they are!
- I am named after a soap opera called Ryan’s Hope from the 70s. Here’s what I’ve been told: Mary Ryan married a man named Jack Fenelli and decided to give her daughter her maiden name. Ryan Fenelli was eventually played by Yasmine Bleeth (of Baywatch fame). This means I’m a Baywatch babe by association, right?
- I worked at a movie rental store for three years in college which has given me a random knowledge about movies (i.e. I have a mental picture of movie covers/boxes). Ex: NO, I have not seen Behind Enemy Lines, but I know Owen Wilson and Gene Hackman are in it, because I can perfectly picture the box.
- Growing up I was the quiet, shy kid who always befriended the new kids in town. As a result, I have a list of people who I was really close with (BFF status in middle/high school) for a short period of time before they got too cool for me. Nerd4lyfe.
- I participated in two (maybe…three?) beauty pageants when I was about three years old. I won a couple of Best Dressed ribbons and (I think) I was a Runner-Up in one of them. What I do remember was that I was given actual trophies AND A TIARA. I really wish I still had them somewhere.
- My mom is from outside Chicago so I grew up a Cubs fan despite living in Texas. I’m more of a Rangers fan now, but will always love the Cubs. My brother, sister, and I got to play catch on Wrigley Field once, play in the dugouts and meet some of the players back in 1993 (I was eight). That included a much smaller, younger, fresh-faced Sammy Sosa. Also, when searching for an “R” name to go with mine, my parents almost went with Ryne (as in Ryne Sandberg).
I think I may have missed a couple of similar things I was tagged in. Sorry about that! I’ve been a bit swamped with work stuffs.