This blog started as a way to talk about how I reclaimed my life by getting my weight under control. I started in spring of 2010 and have lost over 100lbs. I've since ditched my dead-end job for my career and started running. This little blog is about my weight loss, but mostly about my life - what I like, what I don't, my struggles and successes, my family, my obsessions.
- There are so many fallen trees and branches. I saw one today that literally took out a white picket fence. Coincidental?
- I came home from my friend’s Bad Santa party last night to discover that I had no power. It came back on right at noon, thank god. I was sooooo cold. But I’m a baby about such things.
- As much as it pains me to say it, given road conditions and the destruction Icepocalypse 2013 has left, it makes sense they canceled the marathon.
- Don’t you love it when your good hair days coincide with running into someone you want to make eat their heart out? That sentence is awkward, but I hope you catch my drift.
- Being bold and brave is a beautiful thing. Its terrifying, but even before I know whether the risk will pay off, it really makes me feel so amazing. Taking the risk is the exciting part. While I’m not exclusively talking about the marathon, it totally applies. Signing up/training for the Dallas Marathon has been pretty great. It hasn’t paid off yet, but it will.
- Speaking of the marathon…I got lots of, “I was sorry to hear about the marathon” last night, which was nice. While discussing it with friends, I likened its cancelation to being broken up with. And it really is the best analogy for me as “heartbroken” is how I feel. I’m emotional about our break up, I’m not ready to commit to another marathon yet, and I’m not sure what to do with myself. Not to mention the pity party I threw for myself.
- Despite the above, I’m feeling much better about it today.
I’m still taking tomorrow off of work even though there’s no need for a day of rest. Ah well.